Tuesday, January 1, 2008

So I'm pretty lame...

John gave me a sewing machine for Christmas because I have been wanting one for almost two years and haven't been able to afford one. Although I don't know how to sew all that well, I am going to learn!

In all honestly, nothing gets me more excited than thinking about making a quilt, or scrapbooking, or knitting. Something about creating something out of scratch really gets me excited. The saddest part of all is I have this strong desire and really great ideas for so many things, but in truth I am not creative at all.

Why God would wire me with a creative mind, yet not able to actually put that creativity into motion is beyond me. I am determined, however, that I am going to keep trying, over and over, if that is what it takes to master the art of sewing...just call me Suzie Homemaker =)

1 comment:

Kim said...

You are definately creative...I've seen your scrapbooks. However, I am still waiting to see that quilt!